The July issue of Official Playstation Magazine has revealed some new details on the latest Resident Evil title, Operation Raccoon City.
Slant Six is hoping to wow fans with the new game by making it bigger, bolder and much better than previous installments. You will have to deal with the susual zombies along with a plethora of monsters and even have to worry about how and where you shot zombies in this latest videogame.
Here are some of the details published in the magazine:
- The game will offer four distinct character classes: Recon, Medic, Surveilance, and Heavy Weapons. Recon can move quite a bit faster than Medic, while Heavy Weapons can take the most damage out of all the classes.
- Each class also offers nine different abilities and twelve firearms. Gamers only get one of each, leaving quite a few possibilities to leave your opposition guessing.
- Operation Raccoon City offers Team Attack mode, which relies on points and not kills to determine the winning team. Basic kills are worth five points, and teams can earn more points by drawing zombies to their opponents and killing special monsters, such as Hunters, that appear later on.
- Quite a few enemies are mentioned in the article: zombies, Hunters, Tyrants, Spec Ops soldiers, and Leon Kennedy.
- The game differs much from traditional Resident Evil titles in the aiming department, as you'll be able to aim while moving. You'll also have the ability to hard-lock to cover, regenerate health, and blind fire.
- The build played by OPM didn't feature an experience or upgrade system, but the team hasn't ruled one out for the final build.
- Raccoon City also features a melee system, letting you escape encounters within enemies. The melee system is said to include some "flashy kung-fu acrobatics", though they'll leave you unbalanced and vulnerable to other enemies.
- Zombies can be used as a human shield.
- Using a non-lethal shot on an enemy can attract nearby zombies to their newly formed wound.
The game looks set to hit stores sometime this year and by the looks of things it could very well be crowned game of the year.
comments powered by Disqus
|"TGS 2014 Trailer"|
|"The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat"|